Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sew What?

Well, if you couldn't tell by the title, this post is about sewing. I'm so sneaky like that, giving hints to the post in the title (insert sarcasm here). Despite the sarcasm, I'm actually very excited about this. The reason for all of my hullabaloo (yes, that's a word, and yes, I'm hullabalooing over here!) is the new sewing machine I just got! (!!!!) It's an early Christmas present from my parents that I know my mom is thrilled about. She got her sewing machine in her early 20's and uses it quite often for big and small projects alike.


Everybody now, "Sewing party over here (woop, woop!) Sewing party over there (woop, woop!)". Ok, I may be overly excited for some of you. Toning it down a bit, I'll let you know that this is my first sewing machine that is mine-all-mine. I've used my mom's before for a few quick things here and there, but never anything substantial. Since the creative bug has hit me so badly lately and I have this little ol' gem of a blog to keep me accountable for actually creating things, I figured it was time I get one. I've been dying to tackle something sewing-related, especially clothes- one of my other loves.

This isn't going to be a long post, but I'm going to give you a sneak peak at some projects I've been working on. I've finished one, and the other just needs a few hand sewing details yet.

Here's a little in progress zoom action of the first project:


And project numero dos:


I can't wait to share them with you, so I hope this little teaser got you just as excited! So let me know, are there any sewing projects going on out there? Any great Black Friday deals? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment