Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Laying It Down

In the last week something has changed around here. Something great. Something I love. Something I've been waiting for since June! So, what exactly is this change, you ask? Well, I'm happy downright giddy to report that we got a rug in the house. Throughout the summer I had been scoping out this rug from West Elm.


Trust me when I say this was a long process. It took me a while to exhaust all of my resources for rugs, and truthfully, I can't even remember half the places I looked. Other rugs were either the wrong color, wrong style, or had a pattern that just wasn't the right size. But throughout the process I kept coming back to this one. At the end of August I finally bit the bullet and bought the rug after I got an email about a promotional sale. And then the sadness set in. My one, true, rug love was on back order for a whole month! I had waited 2 months to order, I could wait another for its delivery. While I waited I was slightly nervous because I had never seen it in person (our local store closed about 6 months ago). You never can tell what that color is really going to look like from a computer screen. Now is the time when I tell you that I'm thrilled to pieces with the big guy and so are my little feet with something slightly softer to rest on. So here go the pictures for all you curious kids. Let's start with the before picture.


You can see how bland it is with all those dark neutral colors and the off-white walls. Blah! We got these great lamps from Pier 1 last Christmas and D, that devil genius suggested we fill them with some Spanish moss. The texture is a fun added layer and set the stage for our rug.


And now here is the main event, right where he belongs:


I hope you love the color and pattern as much as I do. Come back soon for a post about how I'll be filling up those sad, empty walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment